I have been unsuccessfully looking for a job as a Non- Native English Online Teacher for over one year.
The majority of the offers included the limitation to a NATIVE English teacher.
First-rate of the platforms almost found the online position for me, but it turned out they cannot hire me because I don’t have the American’s permanent address.
The answer, of course, is someone who is a competent user of English with specific training in the field of language pedagogy.
Why, then, do we still see job advertisements requesting that the applicants be native speakers of English? Is this a lack of understanding on the part of the employer?
Is it discrimination against particular demographics?
Arguably, companies who will only hire native English speakers to fill teaching positions are selling an image to their customers – an image of an “authentic” product in their eyes; the companies promote it, and the customers buy it. However, the instances of “image over quality” are abundant. Galloway (2014) tells the story of a multilingual Eastern European who was required to take on a fake American identity for her job in Japan. My bi-racial former MA student was not allowed to take part in a marketing campaign for the…
View original post 735 more words
Study and practice English listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills with a focus on listening and speaking for basic communication. regarding everyday-life situations, feeling and opinion expressions, role-play performance as well as basic grammatical structures and usage.
Learn how to talk about everyday-life situations, feeling and opinion expressions, role-play performance.Understand basic grammatical structures and the usage.
The course is for Elementary to Intermediate Levels.
After completing through this course, students can be able to:
- introduce themselves and someone else to others;
- ask for and give directions accurately;
- describe the features of things, places, and people;
- ask for clarifications appropriately;
- make and respond to invitations and suggestions appropriately;
- express feelings as well as opinions towards the given situations;
- apply knowledge to advanced English courses or further study;
- use language expressions to deal with everyday situations;
- have positive attitudes towards learning English.
Teaching Methods are based on Teaching with Technology Approach
- PPT with introduction to the topic/ Lecture
- Group /pair/individual tasks
- Presentation and discussion
- Additional assignments and supplementary worksheets
1.1 Attendance and participation
1.2 Speaking test
1.3 Worksheets and assignments
Final Interview / Spoken Examination
Most of all, I want my students to experience some immediate success in conversation in English. Small, speedy success helps learners to communicate in their foreign language and also motivates the student to keep studying.
It is necessary because language learning is a long, difficult task that requires persistence.
Improve speaking competence and English fluency.
This course is for Pre-Intermediate to Intermediate English Language Learners.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Improve speaking competence and English fluency
- Increase your communication efficiency
- Clarify and ask Questions politely
- Use strategies for making Small Talk effectively
- Use expressions for Problem Solving
- Get ready for a variety English speaking environments
Learning using traditional methods, memorizing single words and grammar rules should be avoided.
- We will be practicing English through expressions, collocations, models, patterns, language chunks, phrasal verbs as well as idioms.
Music in English Teaching helps to get into the act of learning English in an enjoyable manner. Students are going to Learning English with the song’s lyrics.
Different strategies of storytelling and final discussion.
1 hours per week in class, and an estimated 1 – 2 hours per week independently.
Share comments and questions with your friends and other Outschool users.